Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Mobile composing

After several composing sessions with the manuscript paper and pencil, I have gotten to know the notes pretty well. This is handy at times when I have nothing to occupy myself with, such as on the weekend when I was waiting for someone. I started to try and play the individual parts in my head from memory and then to try and hear them all together. Then, all of a sudden I was actually hearing ideas for what could come next! I didn't write them down, but I didn't have any trouble remembering them either. I found that I was much quicker when I sat down to write this evening, as the composition is starting to enter my mind more often when I am away from it.

I haven't forgotten about the Mahler reviews. I will aim to complete these by the end of this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment