Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Mahler review and recount writing

I’m yet again faced with the trap of having too many ideas at once and not acting on any of them. It isn’t really a trap anymore, given that I know it’s there. Ugh, the internet is not coping with my mass video uploading, so this entry is being created offline. This I can cope with. Computer/internet power is a much lower priority than a more comfortable workspace. I’ve had plans for my workspace for a few months now. If I had gotten started on it sooner, it probably wouldn’t need as much work as it does now. There’s no video blog until I start looking a bit less sloppy.

I experienced a live orchestra for the first time last Thursday and again on Saturday. During both I witnessed Vladamir Ashkenazy and Sydney Symphony fully realise the tsunami pinnacle of Mahler’s First Symphony. I have been trying to write a review of these concerts over the last two nights, but words escape me. I have so many ideas about the concerts. Too many, you see. I want to write an essay, not a review. Maybe I’ll have the sense to just write about what happened when I pick up the pen again tomorrow.

Last night I wrote a recount of my visit to Wollongong’s shopping centre. This proved to be a good way to get material for songs and those other outlets for dark, private and depraved thoughts. I love hearing those kinds of thoughts that other people have, but I don’t trust any expressed through “becoming a fan” on Facebook. Even ironically becoming fans of things is getting old. C’mon guys, sign out and draw more attention to yourself.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to that Mahler review/essay..... looking even more forward to experiencing it myself this Saturday! Uh Oh I think I just became a fan of your blog spot...

    ReplyDelete